Nomination Deadline: February 15, 2018
Nomination Resubmission Deadline: March 5, 2018
About the Award
The WCPEC-7 Young Professional Award recognizes individuals who have made significant contributions to the science and technology of photovoltaic energy conversion, including work on PV materials, devices, modules, and/or systems. The award recipient must also show significant promise as a leader in the field. An award is given annually at the PVSC and for the 2018 WCPEC-7.
The award consists of a $1000 monetary award, complimentary conference registration, plaque, and recognition at a WCPEC-7 Plenary Ceremony. In addition, the awardee will give an honorary talk during the conference.
Rules & Eligibility
- Nominee must be a young scientist or engineer who has made significant contributions to photovoltaic energy conversion, including work on PV materials, devices, modules, and/or systems.
- Nominee must have received their first post-secondary degree (Bachelor’s level) within the past 15 years, relative to the nomination deadline.
- Nominees are not required to be members of IEEE or EDS.
- Nominees from any country and institution are eligible.
- Nominees are expected to have prior contributions to the IEEE PVSC or EU-PVSEC or PVSEC.
- Previous recipients of the Young Professional Award are not eligible.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominations will not automatically roll over to subsequent years, but nominators are allowed to resubmit nominations, provided the nominee is still eligible. Supplements to the original nomination are allowed, and should reflect the nominee’s latest work.
- Members of the awards subcommittee in charge of selection are eligible to be nominated, but would recuse themselves of subcommittee duties if they are nominated.
- The award must be received by the winner in person at the WCPEC-7; no award will be made in absentia, except under extraordinary circumstances, as determined by the conference chair.
Nomination Package Requirements
- Completed and Signed Nomination Summary Form (2 pages)
- Nominator Statement (2 page limit) supporting the nominee’s suitability for the award with respect to:
- Innovative and creative nature of the nominee’s work
- Significance of the nominee’s work with respect to the broader PV community
- Previous contributions to the PVSC, EU-PVSEC, Asia-Pacific PVSEC and World Conferences
- Potential shown as a future leader in the PV community
- Nominee Curriculum vitae (2 page limit)
- List of nominee’s key publications and patents (1 page limit)
- Up to 3 letters of endorsement from individuals familiar with the nominee’s qualifications and area of research. Each letter may be up to 1 page long and should make reference to specific qualifications that make the nominee best-suited for the award. Each letter should be on letterhead and include the signature of the endorser.
- Entire nomination package should be assembled as a single PDF document (10 pages, maximum) in the following order:
- Nomination Summary Form (2 pages)
- Nominator Statement (2 page limit)
- Curriculum Vitae (2 page limit)
- List of nominee’s key publications, patents, and/or other technical literature (1 page limit)
- Letters of support (up to 3, each letter 1 page limit)
- File size to be no larger than 6 Mb.
Please resubmit the nomination packet by March 5, 2018 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Contact the Awards Chair email@example.com
Weiwei Deng, 2017
Bram Hoex, 2016
Henry Snaith, 2015
Oliver Schultz-Wittman, 2014